Allied Tool & Die Company, LLC, seeks a CNC machinist to aid our company in its mission to deliver custom metal parts of superior quality, all while providing our employees a wonderful space to make a living. For the last 70 years, our motto has been that happy people make happy parts.
As one of our CNC machine operators, you will interpret client specifications, enter them into the CNC machine, set up the machine, and monitor it as it operates. You will make essential contributions to our company’s reputation, ensuring the excellence of our products by following inspection protocols and detecting errors before products are released. You will report to the CNC Production Manager. You may also eventually take on a leadership role as a shift lead.
- Determine the fixtures, attachments, and tools necessary to complete jobs according to specifications, and mount them to the machine before beginning cutting
- Discuss project specifications with engineers and supervisors to guarantee consistency between plans and products, and collaborate to modify designs when existing ones are not feasible
- Modify machine speed, tooling, and cutting style to ensure precision and accuracy of manufactured parts
- Oversee the cutting process, make adjustments throughout each job, catch mistakes as they happen, and take necessary measures to eliminate errors
- Supervise machine temperatures, ensure that the machine has an adequate warm-up and cool-down time between jobs, and replace coolant periodically.
- Review and interpret cutting plans, enter them into control outlets before jobs, and alter them to correct mistakes when necessary
- Inspect all finished products for accuracy and uniformity to ensure product quality and uphold the company’s reputation
- Perform daily, weekly, and monthly maintenance tasks to ensure machine longevity, including lubrication, cleaning, and tool replacement.
Job Skills & Qualifications Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least one year of experience operating CNC machines
- Comfortable using tools and maintaining machinery
- Familiarity with programming and interpreting CNC software
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities
- Values precision and enforces quality standards
- Ability to understand G-code
Job Type: Full-time
AEROSPACE DEBURR OPERATOR
For more than 60 years, Allied Tool & Die Company has been a recognized leader in supplying the Aerospace Industry with Commercial, Medical, Industrial and Machine Tool markets with highly engineered products of choice.
We are looking for an experienced Deburr Operator with an Aerospace background.
At Allied Tool & Die Company, we maintain the highest quality standards in both our employee qualifications and the products that we manufacturer. We are unique in our industry in that we have CNC and Sheet Metal Departments on-site that operate both in conjunction with, as well as independently of each other. We offer competitive wages and benefits such as medical, dental, 401(k), educational assistance, on-site classes and voluntary benefits.
Perform deburring processes including blending, polishing and the creation of edge breaks. Background in aerospace deburring.
Inspect manufactured components for quality conformance to specifications using bench gauging. Ensure standard procedures are followed in all aspects of work including tool setup and operation, process verification, product inspection, documentation, and material handling.
Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required. This is normally acquired through a high school diploma or equivalent.
-Minimum 1 year Aerospace Deburr experience. Manual dexterity required for operating machinery and computers.
-Fine motor skills with frequent hand and arm movement. Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture of goods.
-Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses and maintenance.
-Able to sit for long periods of time.
About Allied Tool & Die
Allied Tool and Die offers competitive salaries, comprehensive benefit package, including medical, dental, vision, company paid life insurance, short term and long term disability, paid holidays and a 401(k) plan with company match and Teledoc supplemental. Many of our employees are long term and we recognize and reward growth from within.